Microsoft redesigned Hotmail and lunched Hotmail as Outlook which is a popular mail service owned. Outlook is a part of Microsoft 365 products that allows users to send and receive emails, as well as manage their events in calendars and synchronize contacts. Around 500 million of Outlook.com users and accounts are active in billions of devices. It may be possible that you have forgot Outlook password or you have lost access to your Outlook account due to some security reasons. Sometimes you did the activities which are against the Outlook security compliance. We will provide you some tips or ways to recover or reset Outlook password to re gain access to your Microsoft outlook email account.
Before trying to details steps to recover Hotmail account password, check out some basic stuffs.
- Make sure that you are using correct email address and password
- Make sure that your internet connection is working properly
- Re-install the app and try to login Outlook account because sometimes due to cache you are not able to login to your account if you using multiple Outlook account.
To Recover Outlook Email Password
Follow the below steps:
1. Go to the Outlook recovery page: https://account.live.com/password/reset
2. Enter the email associated with your Outlook account.
3. A code will be sent to the email address you provided. Enter received code to verify your email.
4. If you do not have access to the email associated with your Outlook account, click “View other verification methods”.
5. If you are unable to use any of the list verification methods, click “I don’t have any of these”.
6. A new link will open. Enter an alternate email or phone number, but note that if you have two-step verification enabled, you will not be able to recover your Outlook account using this method.
A code will be sent to the email address or phone number you provided. Enter this code to continue the recovery process.
You will be asked to answer some security questions. It is best to try to answer these from a device and location that you have used your Outlook account before. If you are unsure of the correct answer, try your best guess.
In next, you may also be asked to enter passwords that you have frequently used. You will have multiple options to try different passwords.
Contact Microsoft support: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to contact Microsoft support for further assistance. You can do this by going to the Microsoft support website and following the instructions to get in touch with a support representative.
Reset Outlook/Hotmail Account Password on Android
There are approximately 7 billion people who use smartphones, and over 2.7 billion of those users have Android devices. Android is popular because it is easy to use, so many people use Outlook email on their smartphones. If the Outlook account is not working properly or is corrupted, it may need to be reset. Here are the steps to reset your Outlook account on an Android device:
- Open the Outlook app.
- Tap on the Outlook account you want to reset.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see a “Settings” option.
- Choose the account you want to reset from the list of mail accounts.
- Scroll down and tap on “Reset Account”.
- The Outlook app will restart and provide instructions for resetting your account.
Reset Outlook Account on iPhone
To change, update, or reset your Outlook password on an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Visit www.office.com in a browser and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the “Setup” section.
- Change your password.
It is important to protect your Outlook account from unauthorized access either hackers guess or know your password. This feature provides the second layer of security. Here we are talking about Two step authentication on Outlook account.
Enable Two-step verification on Outlook or Hotmail
Two-step verification, also known as two-factor authentication, is an additional layer of security that can be added to your Hotmail/Outlook account to protect it from unauthorized access. Here are providing you a simples steps about how to enable two-step verification on Outlook:
- Visit Security page with your Microsoft outlook account: https://account.microsoft.com/security
- Click on Advanced security options
- Scroll down to Additional security then click on Turn on Two-step verification
- Now follow the instructions to enable two-step verification. This may involve setting up a phone number to receive verification codes via text message or phone call, or setting up an app that can generate verification codes.
- Once you have set up two-step verification, you must enter a verification code whenever you log into your Outlook account from a new device or location.
By enabling two-step verification, you are able to protect your Hotmail/Outlook account from unauthorized access, even if someone else knows your password.
If you have any queries related to reset or recover outlook email password then please feel free to contact us. If you are thinking about the blogging then Blogger is best free blog platform for you. Blogger allows you to add a custom domain.