As we know that Gmail is a free email service provided by Google. According to the latest updated record, over 1.5 billion active users worldwide. It offers a wide range of features, including Out of Office Auto reply also known as vacation responder feature. It is mostly used features by business professionals when they are out of the office and want to inform your business professionals and colleagues. After configure out of office auto reply in Gmail, it can automatically send a message to them who tries to contact you while you are away.
Similarly, Facebook has auto replied features for Business Facebook page for service based frequent asked questions which helps to fulfill the gap between customer and business. But in Gmail, you can only set the auto reply with predefined message. This can be especially useful if you are going on vacation or will be unavailable for an extended period of time. Here’s how to set up an auto reply in Gmail.
Enable Vacation Responder in Gmail using Laptop/PC
1. Sign in with your Gmail login credentials.
2. Move your cursor to “Settings” gear icon in the top right corner of the screen (left of your profile picture).
3. From the dropdown menu, select “See all settings“.
4. In the “General” tab, scroll down to the “Vacation responder” section and click “Enable“.
5. Choose the “First day” and “Last day” to specify the dates during that you want the vacation responder to be active.
6. Enter the subject and message you want to set as your auto reply.
7. You will see the option “Only send a response to people in my contacts“. If you want to specify then mark it otherwise leave as no marked.
8. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Save Changes“.
Once you have set up auto reply, anyone who emails you during the specified time period will receive the automated message that you have configured. This can help ensure that your contacts are aware of your availability and can plan accordingly.
Setup out of office auto reply on Android mobile app
Mobile users are increase rapidly and it make your work faster in easy way. If you are using the Android app and want to enable vacation responder in your Gmail account then follow the below steps.
To set up a vacation responder in the Gmail Android app
1. Open the Gmail app on your Android phone.
2. Tap on three straight line icon.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the app and tap on the “Settings” option.
4. You will see a list of all the email accounts available in the Gmail app. Tap on the email account you want to set an auto reply or out-of-office vacation responder for.
5. Scroll down slightly and you will see “Vacation responder (Status: off).” Tap on this.
6. Enable the vacation responder, then set the start and end dates, type the subject and message, and tap “Done.”
Once you have completed above steps properly, then you have successfully configure the Out of Office Auto reply in your Gmail account via Mobile app. Now, anyone who tries to email you get the automated message response that you have set. This is a good way to inform your business colleagues or friends that you are out of the office or on vacation.
Setup Auto Reply on iPhone/iPad using Gmail App
If you are an iPhone user then you have to follow the below steps to enable or disable the vacation responder on iPhone or iPad using the Gmail app.
1. Open the Gmail app and tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
2. Tap Settings and then click on “Compose and Reply.”
3. Tap “Vacation Responder” and toggle the “Vacation Responder” option on or off.
Now turn on the vacation responder, enter the desired date range, subject, and message.
4. Tap “Save” in the top right corner to confirm your changes.
Note: To disable the vacation responder, simply toggle the “Vacation Responder” option off.
I hope you have successfully setup auto reply in Gmail account. Still, if you are facing any issues, please let us know through comment. We will try to solve your issue as soon as possible. You may also visit Gmail official help portal for further issues.