Free web hosting, as the name implies, it provides the free of charge service but it comes with certain limitations like restricted storage capacity, bandwidth, email ids and many more other features as compared to paid hosting plan. It only provide the basic features for websites. However, it can be a good option for personal or small business websites which have a limited budget for web hosting. . There are so many web hosting provider available which provides the free hosting plan such as Cloudflare, 000WebHost, Hostinger, HostGator, and so many other company. All of them have some limitations on free website hosting plan but you can get the full features by paying required charges. Before signing up for Cloudflare free web hosting, everything you need to know about the Cloudflare free web hosting plans.
What is Cloudflare? Why Cloudflare Free Web Hosting is Popular?
Let’s talk about the Cloudflare, Cloudflare is an American based global cloud service provider that offers a various internet services including a free web hosting service. You can host a static website for free on Cloudflare without any fear of speed, security and reliability. You can trust on Cloudflare service because it is now a Google Cloud Platform Technology Partner. It provides free hosting service for static websites with including features like web application firewall, global content delivery network (CDN), Cache service, DDoS protection, and SSL/TLS encryption. Do you know one thing, Cloudflare has over 200 plus data centers around the world which makes your website run faster h which helps to manage lot of traffic.
Cloudflare Free Hosting Plans
Free Cloudflare Hosting Plans - Add DNS - Add multiple sites - Unmetered DDoS protection - Global CDN - Universal SSL Certificate - Free Managed Ruleset - Simple bot mitigation and many more
How do I set up Cloudflare for free ?
1. Sign up for a Cloudflare account by accessing https://www.cloudflare.com/. Please use the correct email address while signing up, it will help you to manage your Cloudflare account in future.
2. Once you sign up Cloudflare account with your Email, they will send you a link in your respective email address to verify.
3. Once you verified and logged into a Cloudflare dashboard, you can see the Add Site option at the top then add your domain, choose a free plan and manage your hosting, security and performance using features provided by Cloudflare on free web hosting plan. Once you added your own domain to Cloudflare, Cloudflare’s system scans for common DNS records and automatically adds them to your account’s DNS page.
4. If you are using Blogger and you want to add custom domain for blogger then google will provide you a CName, A-records information for you which you have need to add on Cloudflare under the DNS, Records tab and also change the setting for security purpose, enable DNSSEC to protect from domain spoofing.
Update nameservers on your website domain registrar
Follow the below steps to update the nameservers.
- Log in to your registrar account and remove the listed authoritative nameservers.
- Add new nameservers with Cloudflare’s assigned nameservers
Registrar takes around 24 hours to updates your nameservers. You will receive an email when your site is active on Cloudflare.
After successfully placed your website on Cloudflare free web hosting service then you can easily access your website and also allow you to change setting if required.
It’s easy to set up and use. But, it’s important to note that free hosting plans may have certain limitations and may not be suitable for all websites. It is really important to review the terms and conditions of services of any free web hosting provider plans.